We can’t possible make anything without banking services in our modern world. If you travel or move into other city or country for a reason, You will have to visit a bank or ATM.
Because money and banking services are common and essential all around the for world for each person, ıt would be very useful to learn essential banking and finance vocabulary in Turkish.
I have planned this lesson for the people who travel to Turkey. When you go to bank in Turkey, you will be able to express yourself in Turkish easily with essential Turkish banking phrases.
Firstly, ı will share the essential Turkish vocabulary for banking and finance and then you will see important Turkish phrases related with banking.
Turkish Banking and Finance Vocabulary
In this section, you can find essential vocabulary related with Banking and Finance in Turkish. All the vocabulary has with their pronunciations.
This section is very important. The vocabulary we cover in this part will be used in phrases section with example sentences.
- Banka : Bank
- Banka hesabı : Bank account
- IBAN numarası : IBAN no
- Para : Money
- Para birimi : Currency
- Türk lirası : Turkish lira (TRY)
- Amerikan Doları : US Dollar (USD)
- Hesap açmak : To open a Bank account
- Döviz kuru : Exchange rate
- Para çekmek : To withdraw money
- Para yatırmak : To deposit
- Para göndermek : To send money
- Para bozdurmak : To exchange money
- Para transfer etmek: To transfer money
- Döviz bürosu : Exchange office
Useful Turkish Phrases for Banking and Finance
Let’s assume you are in Turkey and you have something to do in a Turkish Bank.
For that reason, we need to know most useful Turkish phrases for banking.
At the end of the this section , you will be able to express your needs to Bank officers in Turkey with given common Turkish phrases.
- Bankalar saat kaçta açılıyor ?
- What time do the shops open?
- Para çekmek istiyorum.
- I want to withdraw some money.
- 200 Dolar çekmek istiyorum.
- I want to withdraw 200 Dollar.
- Banka hesabı açtırmak istiyorum.
- I want to open a bank account.
- Türkiye’de bir banka hesabım yok.
- I do not have an bank account ın Turkey.
- Banka hesabıma para yatıracağım.
- I will deposit money into my bank account.
- Hesabıma para transfer edeceğim.
- I will transfer money to my account.
- IBAN numaranız nedir ?
- What is your IBAN no ?
- Hangi para birimi yatıracaksınız ?
- Which currency will you deposit ?
- Amerikan doları çekmek istiyorum.
- I want to withdraw American Dollar.
- Türk lirası yatıracağım.
- ı will deposit Turkish Lira.
- Yurt dışına para göndermek istiyorum.
- I want to send money abroad.
Exchange Money – Essential Turkish phrases
When you travel to Turkey, one of the first thing is to exchange your money in Turkish currency.
In Turkey, Other currencies can be valid in some touristic areas. However, other foreign currencies is not used in Turkey’s local areas
Here are the some useful and essential phrases that can help you while you exchange your money in Turkish Lira.
- Biraz para bozdurmak istiyorum.
- I want to exchange some money.
- 1 Dolar kaç Türk lirası ediyor ?
- How much is $1 US dollars in Turkish lira?
- Sadece 50 dolar bozdurmak istiyorum
- ı just want to exchange 50 US Dollar.
- Hepsini bozdurmak istiyorum.
- I want to exchange them all.
In this lesson, essential phrases and vocabulary related with banking , money and exchange currencies are covered in Turkish.
When you travel to Turkey, ı hope the content will help you and make your travel easier and enjoyful.
For more vocabulary lessons, please visit Turkish vocabulary page.
For support and learning Turkish easily with colorful pages, you can buy the book for Turkish for beginners from the shop.
Vectors in this page designed by freepik www.freepik.com